Here's The "MORE"
What Are "SIGHT WORDS"?
The term "Sight Words" refers to the words that are most frequently used in children’s books. These words make up 50% to 75% of the words in the text. Sight Words form an important part of the school curriculum so learning them as early as possible will give your little one a head start.
- You’ve just spent the last hour helping your little one to memorize the Sight Words.
- She finally knows them.
- You’re overjoyed!
- You give her a real story to read.
- She comes across a ‘memorized’ Sight Word in the text.
- You wait with anticipation...….
- She stares at the word blankly for 30 seconds, before recalling pretty much every word in her vocabulary, except the correct word.
- You’re confused right?...
Don’t be. Recalling memorized Sight Words in the context of actual sentences is a common problem for many children.
Our books and activities:
Play The Games. Read The STORIES!
Games And Activities
Games are definitely the best way to learn the Sight Words! Take advantage of our free Sight Word Mania Cards, board games and activities, and turn your child into a Sight Word Super Star!
Sight Word Mania is a series of 9 books that teach your child over 100 Sight Words! Each Sight Word Mania book builds on the preceding one, so your child will be practicing old Sight Words as well as learning new ones.
COMING SOON -